Calderon Law


Helping Clients Obtain United States Citizenship

Once you become a U.S. citizen, you no longer have to worry about deportation, you secure the right to vote, become eligible for federal jobs, can run for public office, and can petition for a visa on behalf of a spouse, fiancé or family member. At  Calderon Law, our goal is to help guide our clients on their path to U.S. citizenship. We interview our clients extensively about their background, helping them overcome any barriers they may face along the way.

We pride ourselves on thoroughly preparing our clients for each step of the citizenship and naturalization process.

Contact us online or call 702-932-7656 (toll free 888-374-5629) to speak with an attorney who can help you start down the path to U.S. citizenship today.

American citizenship registration American vote with USA passport covered by American Flag

Citizenship Through Naturalization

The process by which a foreigner becomes a U.S. citizen is called naturalization.
Generally, individuals who are applying for naturalization will go through the following steps:

Preparing and filing the naturalization application

Attending the naturalization interview and taking the civics and English tests

Participating in the Oath Ceremony

In order to become a U.S. citizen, you must meet the following requirements:

Be age 18 or older

Be a permanent resident for a certain amount of time (usually 5 years, but 3 years for spouses of U.S. citizens and 1 year for those in active service in the U.S. military)

Have a basic knowledge of U.S. history and government

Have a period of continuous residence and physical presence in the U.S.

Be able to read, write and speak English (subject to some exceptions)

Be a person of good moral character

The best way to learn something is through logical games

We help educate and prepare our clients for each step of the naturalization process,

so they are never surprised at any point of their naturalization application. We will collect all the documentation needed to complete the process and make sure all the necessary paperwork is filed, ensuring that no detail is overlooked.

Citizenship Through Parents

You may already be a U.S. citizen and need not apply for naturalization if your parent(s) became a U.S. citizen before you reached the age of 18. If you have a U.S. citizen parent, we can help determine whether you are already a U.S. citizen and secure your certificate of citizenship.

Contact Calderon Law

Let us help you reach your goal of becoming a U.S. citizen. Contact us online or call 702-866-9456 (toll free 888-374-5629) to speak with an experienced immigration lawyer.

More information

Personal Service at Affordable Rates

We offer one-on-one contact with a dedicated immigration attorney at affordable rates. To discuss your immigration issue with an experienced lawyer, call us at 702-866-9456 (toll-free 888-374-5629) or contact us online.